Composite Molding — Techni-Mold Hydraulic Compression Molding Press For Resins, Composites & Thermoplastics
The TMP Inc. TECHNI-MOLD Hydraulic Composite Molding Press has been, for over thirty years, TMP's principle product line supplied to hundreds of satisfied and repeat customers. Our TMP Hydraulic Compression Molding Machine is especially suited to the production of composite molding products and is customized to each process to optimize product quality and process performance.
Contact a TMP representative for more information on a composite molding machine.
Types of Composite Molding Processes:
TMP offers a variety of high temperature molding press types
including automatic hydraulic press systems for compression-molding of all types of composites and thermoplastics.
- Straight Compression Molding
- Hydraulic Transfer Presses
- Hydraulic Vacuum Press
TMP Standard Composite Molding Machine Components:
- Slab-Side type Press - A Vacuum chamber can be readily incorporated into this frame design
- Four-Post type presses - TMP uses high-tensile rods with over-size diameters, which are identically machined with square shoulder to maintain crosshead parallelism
- C-Frame and Window Frame types are available for special applications
- TMP Electrically-heated platens are uniquely designed for uniform heat distribution and temperature control. TMP has designs for high-temperature molding press applications. Up to 1200°F.
- TMP Oil-heated platens are also available. This method provides the most accurate and uniform temperature over a wide range of high temperature molding press applications.
- TMP Steam-heated platens are efficient for temperatures to 360°F (150PSI) TMP platens have individual steam traps for better uniformity over systems with a single trap.
Press Ram & Main Cylinder
- TMPs Ram-Cylinder designs are a heavy duty and rated to 3000PSI. The designs contain special guiding and sealing to provide accurate alignment, reduced wear.
- Machined from thick solid steel plate to minimize deflection.
Moving Bolster Assembly
- TMP's Bolsters are machined steel, ground flat and parallel. Bolster guides are heavy-duty and are temperature-compensating in their configuration, allowing constant clearances to maintain parallelism.
The TMP press Hydraulic System is a proven for its efficiency and long-term reliability. These hydraulics combined with TMP's advanced controls provide press control, accuracy and flexibility unmatched in the industry. The system includes:
- Slow decompression, to eliminate hydraulic shock and extend operating longevity.
- Ram pre-fill system with side cylinders for fast closing speeds
- Proportional valving for controlling closing speeds and compression rates.
- Dual transducers for back-up and reliability of pressure control to maintain calibration hydraulic unit, consisting of a steel constructed reservoir, pump, motor.
TMP Advanced Controls Systems
TMP offers two standard controls packages for the molding of composites. The BPS Control Package, although basic, provides programmable control of pressures, times, allowing for bump cycles, multiple cure settings, and platen temperature control. It includes a microprocessor and an LCD display to enter recipes and compare actual process values to pre-programmed settings.
The industry's most advanced system used for these products as well as for most composites, laminates and circuit-board lamination is the TMP "Edge" Control System. This is a PLC-based system designed to improve product quality through better pressing accuracy, repeatability, versatile process control programming and monitoring of data for analysis.NEMA-type enclosure mounted to the side of the press.
Control of all press functions, recipe input, and process monitoring is readily attainable through the operator interface
Scope of Supply
TMP current press specifications cover a wide range of design parameters:
|| 5 - 3,000 tons
||5" - 14 feet
||40 to 300 inches / minute
||Oil, Electric, Steam
|Number of Daylights
||Up to 3,000 psi
||Allen Bradley, Maple
TMP Compression Molding Machine Optional Features and Upgrades
TMP can customize your molding process with press design options and enhanced automation. They include:
- Multiple Daylight Openings
- A Hydraulic Transfer Cylinder and
- operating software
- Hydraulic, Controls Upgrades for more Precision
- Control of Speeds and Pressures
- Electrical Control Options
- Multi-Press Systems with consolidated controls and
- Platens for Higher-temperature, Cooling, and
- Vacuum applications
- Exhaust hoods and enclosures
- SCADA packages and central process stations
- Mold shuttle systems
- Material Handling for Oil, Steam, and Hot Water
- High Temperature Molding Press Controls